Home Accreditation Apparatus Command Staff Community Programs Contact Information Documents/Downloads Emergency Medical Service Fire Stations History Honor Guard Links Media (Photos & Videos) Online Permits Prevention Division Recruitment Special Operations Training Division            

Frequently Asked Questions

Go to the City FAQ area Here

How do I access the emergency response system for actual emergency situations?
Call 9-1-1 and advise the telecommunicator of your name, the nature of the emergency as specifically as you can and location of emergency exactly. Stay on the phone to allow for additional information exchange.

How do I obtain non-emergency information?
For law enforcement (police) matters call 479-636-4141. For ambulance and fire department call 479-621-1179. For other City matters check the white pages under" Rogers, City of" or call 479-621-1117.

I have a Fire Code, Building Code, or Life Safety Code question or complaint - where do I call?
The Rogers Fire Department does enforce Codes. You should call the Fire Marshal at 479-986-6800..

I have an ambulance bill with you. I can not afford to pay it all right now. What can I do?
You can contact us at 479-621-1179 and tell us your situation. We will work out a payment plan to fit your budget each month.

When is the next test date for becoming a firefighter?
The Civil Service Commission sets the test dates each year. The test date varies from year to year, but generally one may be expected in the Spring and/or one in the Fall.

I would like to arrange a tour for my group to visit a Rogers Department facility - who do I call?
The Training Division/Community Interaction Group (CIG) makes these arrangements. Call them at 986-6800.

I would like to take a CPR class, an EMT class, or learn more about the Paramedic Program. To whom should I direct my inquiry?
The Northwest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) Allied Health/EMS/Fire Science Program Office at (479)636-9222, Ext. 4251 tracks these educational opportunities.

When approached by an emergency vehicle displaying its warning lights and sounding its siren, what should I do while driving?
A.S. 27-51-901 requires...the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right-of-way and shall immediately drive to a position parallel to, and as close as possible to, the right-hand edge of curb of the highway [street] clear of any intersection and shall stop and remain in such position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, except when otherwise directed by a police officer.

I was passed by a fire truck responding to an alarm. May I follow to see where and why it is going?
A.S. 27-51-902 provides the driver of any vehicle other than one on official business shall not follow any fire apparatus traveling in response to a fire alarm closer than five hundred feet (500') or drive into or park the vehicle within the block where fire apparatus has stopped in answer to a fire alarm.

The fire department has my vehicular travel path blocked by a fire hose. Is it alright to drive over it?
A.S. 27-51-903 states no…vehicle shall be driven over any unprotected hose of a fire department when laid down on any street, private driveway...to be used at any fire or alarm of fire, without the consent of the fire department official in command.

What kind of fire extinguisher do I need for my home? Who refills and services extinguishers?
There are special extinguishers for special types of potential fires. For a typical home a multi-purpose extinguisher is best. It will be labeled A-B-C. Check the yellow pages under "fire extinguishers" for sales and service.

How do I obtain a copy of an EMS patient report?
Medical reports for services provided by a Rogers Fire Department ambulance are available at 201 North First Street during normal business hours. Only the actual patient or authorized representative with proper identification may obtain these records. A copy charge will apply.

How do I obtain a copy of a Rogers F.D. fire incident report?
A copy of the "Arkansas Fire Incident Reporting System" (ARKFIRS) document may be obtained at 201 North First Street during normal business hours. A copy charge will apply.

Is there an "Arson Hot Line" to report information regarding suspicious fire incidents?
The Fire Marshal Section of the Arkansas State Police (ASP) sponsors the "hot line" at (501)568-FIRE.

Is there a Juvenile Fire Setter Counseling Program in Rogers?
The Rogers FD in conjunction with several state and local agencies conducts such a program. More details are available here

Go to the City FAQ area Here