Code Historic Rogers Walking Tour
204 W. Walnut
|In 1900, Charles Juhre bought the building and
opened his meat market. Over the meat market in
1904, Charles Bingham had his photography studio.
In 1943, the meat market was gone forever, and the
storefront became the home of Superior Cleaners. In
1955, it was Smith’s Paint Store, 1961 Ellis Home
Appliance, 1966 McDonald’s store, by 1968 Studio
Four, and in 1975 the Children’s Shop.
In July 2006, it was the home of the Classical
Ballet Academy and had an apartment upstairs. Since
2011, it has been the home of BMC Bike Shop
Juhre Block in the early 1900s, courtesy of Barry
Return to Walking Tour