Code Historic Rogers Walking Tour
106 W. Walnut
In 1898, 106 W. Walnut was the home of Alexander
Drugs with Erwin Funk and his fatherís Rogers
Democrat newspaper upstairs. In 1908, the McNeil
brothersí Rexall Drug Store boasted 2,500 square
feet and had five clerks to cater to the wants
of their customers. The first automobiles in
were sold from this location by Tom McNeil.
In the late 1940ís, Hunts Department Store was
located here until the mid 1970ís. Until the
late 1990ís Tom and Jerry Shoes were at this
location. In 2006, 106 W. Walnut was the home of
the Paragon Spa and Salon.
The Opera Block in the 1890s,
courtesy of James Hales.
Return to Walking Tour